QR code API
You can generate and decode / read QR code graphics with our QR code generator web API at api.qrserver.com.
- Create QR codes via Internet (develop your own QR code generator)
- Read / scan QR codes via Internet (develop your own QR code reader)
- Social QR code with logo (Facebook or Twitter logo / image embedded in the QR code) (coming soon)
- Create colored QR codes
- Professional QR code print file formats (vector graphics, QR code EPS and SVG)
- High performance server
- Encrypted communication via HTTPS (SSL/TLS)
Just try it, create an image
Call the URL https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?size=150x150&data=Example to get a QR code with the content "Example":
Now replace "Example" in the URL to get a new QR code with a text choosen by you. You can find a detailed function description and examples at our API documentation.
Colored QR codes
You can create colored QR codes with our API. Just choose a background and / or a foreground color and take care of good contrast between the light and dark modules / pixels. Furthermore, a colorized QR code should be no negative (in terms of color, the actually black pixels / modules have to be darker than the normally white pixels) as the dark modules / pixels contain the data and a negative will confuse many QR code readers:
You can find a detailed function description and examples at our API documentation.