QR code management with QR-Server
There are many many questions and problems to solve when using QR code on a big scale. So professional users like advertising agencies need an equally professional and our product "QR-Server" is there to help you out. The main features of our QR-management software at a glance:
- Change the website address (URL) anytime: with the help of dynamic QR codes, the stored target URL can be changed at any time and as often as you want – even if e.g. your marketing material has already been printed. Adjust your advertising campaigns or simply correct typos.
- QR code tracking & analytics: The tracking and analysis functions provide extensive real-time statistics for all dynamic QR codes (e.g. the number of scans by date / time, browser, (mobile) OS, geo-location). So you can see which QR code advertising campaigns are successful and which should be adjusted. Be ahead of your competitors and prepare the statistics for your own customers to inform them about the success of your mobile marketing strategy with just a few clicks.
Link App Stores: Use one single QR code to provide easy access to
allApp Stores you app is available on. Just store the App Store addresses for the different mobile OS in QR-Server (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc.). QR-Server identifies the user's operating system after the QR code was scanned, he then gets redirected to the fitting App Store automatically.
- QR code archive: All the QR codes you created will be stored and clearly represented. So after you created a QR code, you can easily download it as often as you like as PNG / JPEG / GIF or as EPS / SVG for professional print quality. You can even adjust the layout of the code (e.g. the color) on every download without the need to re-type all your data into a QR code generator, just because you need the image in another color.
Other QR-Server features::
- 100% web based (no installation needed, no maintenance effort)
- perfect print quality because of print vector graphic formats (EPS, SVG)
- no QR code scan limits
- re-Sell the created graphics to your clients
- free of ads
- Test QR-Server now for 14 days, free of charge: Plans & Pricing.
QR code tracking – measure your advertising success
QR-Server offers easily usable statistics, helping you to have an eye on the hits coming from scans of dynamic QR codes in real time:
Number of scans: The commonly most important measure is the number of QR code scans (=how many times a QR code has been scanned). QR-Server captures the requests reliably and in real time.
Hint: It is a simple but effective method to use separate dynamic QR codes for different forms of advertising (e.g. one dynamic QR code for the leaflets and another one for poster advertising), even if both provide the same content and refer to the same destination address. So you can see, even without in-depth analysis, by the number of scans if your customers e.g. have responded to your offers mainly because of e.g. your leaflet and which form of paper advertisement was more suitable for mobile access.
Geolocation: QR code marketing aims for users of mobile devices, naturally used on the go. Therefore, it is really important to know at which locations your customers have noticed the QR code advertising and which advertising locations you better waive in the future.
Hint: The contents advertised by a QR Code will be mainly accessed on a smartphone. So be prepared for that and offer websites which also provide a great user experience on small screens.
Access date and time: Analyze on which date and time you reached your users by QR code. QR-Server offers to view at large time periods and to view at single days, hourly access data and so on.
Operating system: QR-Server tracks the user's operating system (OS) as well as the used version (e.g. Apple iOS, version 7.0.4 or Google Android, version 4.3). So you know on which target audience and devices to focus on when optimizing your mobile landing pages and apps and which are the currently insignificant operating systems.
Edit / change QR codes
One of the most popular QR-Server feature is the dynamic QR code. Beside already mentioned tracking mechanisms, they enable you to change the target address (website URL) anytime and as often as you want (for the technically interested ones: information about the functionality). This offers some really interesting possibilities, e.g.:
- Dynamic QR codes prevent costly mistakes: Correct typos in a website address (URL), even after printing.
- Print your paper advertisement before the website address is known (e.g. if your client is still unsure where a mobile should land). Just create a dynamic QR code and use a placeholder URL like “http://example.com/”. Start to design your ads including the QR code and commission the print without the need to wait for the final URL. Just change the “http://example.com/” when the real target is certain.
- Disable a QR code by modifying the destination address to an appropriate error message (this can be useful for time-limited promotions or competitions). Alternatively, QR-Server enables you to simply disable and archive any dynamic QR code if there is no special message to show.
App Store QR codes
There are numerous mobile operating systems out there an the situation is likely to get even more complex in the future. You already have to link multiple app stores (e.g. iTunes and Google Play) to reach the relevant markets with your paper advertising and there will be further important ones in the future (e.g. Blackberry App World, custom Android App Stores like the Amazon, ...)
QR-Server offers a useful function to solve this problem. Use a single QR code for all App Stores your App is available on. Just store the App Store addresses for the different mobile OS in QR-Server (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc.). QR-Server identifies the user's operating system after the QR code was scanned, he then gets redirected to the fitting App Store automatically. So you don't need additional links or QR codes to provide an easy access to your app for all operating systems.
Try it for free!
Test QR-Server now for 14 days, free of charge: Plans & Pricing.